Be a Champion For Children, Stand with CASA
Thank you for your interest in becoming a CASA volunteer with Boston CASA. Volunteers are essential to our program and we welcome your gifts of time & talent! CASA Volunteers come from all walks of life. They have a variety of professional, educational and cultural backgrounds. They are selected on the quality of their objectivity, competence, and commitment.
We require all potential volunteers to go through an application process, to be at least 21 years of age, and able to commit to 18 months with the Program.
Looking for more info about what a CASA does? Check out our FAQs page.
- Conduct a Self-Assessment: Please take a moment to answer for yourself the questions on the assessment tool. This tool is meant to help you determine if the program will be a good fit for you. Please click here to access the self-assessment tool.
- Attend an Information Session: If you answer yes to the questions on the self-assessment, the next step is to attend an information session to hear a presentation from our staff.
This is required before moving forward in the application process.
Information sessions will be held virtually on Zoom from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. on the following dates:
Tuesday May 9th, 2023
Wednesday June 14th, 2023
Tuesday July 11th, 2023
Wednesday August 9th, 2023
Tuesday September 12th, 2023
Wednesday October 11th, 2023
Wednesday November 8th, 2023
- Submit a Volunteer Application: After you attend the required information session, you may:
- Join us for a Volunteer Interview: Once we receive your application & references, we will contact you to attend a 60 minute interview. The goal of the interview is for us (you & our staff) to determine if becoming a CASA is the best fit for you. It is also an opportunity for you to ask any additional questions.
- Training: If we both decide it’s a good fit, you will be invited to be part of one of our next training classes.
September Training Dates and Locations
- September 9th 9:00am-4:00pm In Person
- September 14th 6:00pm-8:30pm Zoom
- September 19th 6:00-8:30pm Zoom
- September 21st 6:00-8:30pm Zoom
- September 23rd 9:00am-4:00pm In Person
- September 26th 6:00-8:30pm Zoom
- September 30th 9:00am-4:00pm In Person
All training dates are mandatory. The in-person training session will be at the Bolling Building (2300 Washington St, Roxbury, MA 02119).
Boston CASA hosts training cohorts twice a year, typically in the fall and spring.
For further information or if you have any other questions, please send an email to Charly Snellings, Director of Community Engagement and Volunteer Services.
The cost of each 35-hour training class is $7500, or about $300 for each new CASA. We rely on donations to keep our programs going.