Be a Champion For Children, Stand with CASA
Thank you for your interest in becoming a CASA volunteer with Boston CASA. Volunteers are essential to our program and we welcome your gifts of time & talent! CASA Volunteers come from all walks of life. They have a variety of professional, educational and cultural backgrounds. They are selected on the quality of their objectivity, competence, and commitment.
We require all potential volunteers to go through an application process, to be at least 21 years of age, and able to commit to 18 months with the Program.
Looking for more info about what a CASA does? Check out our FAQs page.
- Conduct a Self-Assessment: please take a moment to answer for yourself the questions on the assessment tool. This tool is meant to help you determine if the program will be a good fit for you.
- Attend an Information Session: If you answer yes to the questions on the self-assessment, the next step is to attend an information session to hear a presentation from our staff.
This is required before moving forward in the application process.
Information sessions will be held virtually on Zoom from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. on the following dates:
Tuesday December 12th,2023
Wednesday January 10th, 2024
Thursday February 15th, 2024
Wednesday March 20th, 2024
Tuesday April 9th, 2024
Wednesday May 8th, 2024
Tuesday June 11th, 2024
Wednesday July 10th, 2024
Thursday August 8th, 2024
Wednesday September 4th, 2024
Thursday October 10th, 2024
Wednesday November 6th, 2024
Wednesday December 4th, 2024
- Submit a Volunteer Application: After you attend the required information session, you may:
- Join us for a Volunteer Interview: Once we receive your application & references, we will contact you to attend a 60 minute interview. The goal of the interview is for us (you & our staff) to determine if becoming a CASA is the best fit for you. It is also an opportunity for you to ask any additional questions.
- Training: If we both decide it’s a good fit, you will be invited to be part of one of our next training classes.
Our next training class will be held on the following dates:
March 2024 Training Dates
March 2nd 9:00am-4:00pm In Person
March 5th 6:00pm-8:30pm Zoom
March 7th 6:00-8:30pm Zoom
March 9th 9:00-4:00pm In Person
March 12th 6:00pm-8:30pm Zoom
March 14th 6:00-8:30pm Zoom
March 16th 9:00am-4:00pm In Person
In person training typically takes place in Roxbury, but the location is subject to change.
All training dates are mandatory. Boston CASA hosts training cohorts twice a year, typically in the fall and spring.
For further information or if you have any other questions, please send an email to Charly Snellings, Director of Community Engagement and Volunteer Services.
The cost of each 35-hour training class is $7500, or about $300 for each new CASA. We rely on donations to keep our programs going.