The CASA Application Process
“Boston CASA continues to evaluate the impact of COVID 19 and will provide updates to the anticipated schedule for volunteer trainings as information changes”
Be a Champion For Children, Stand with CASA
Thank you for your interest in becoming a CASA volunteer with Boston CASA. Volunteers are essential to our program and we welcome your gifts of time & talent! CASA Volunteers come from all walks of life. They have a variety of professional, educational and cultural backgrounds. They are selected on the quality of their objectivity, competence, and commitment.
We require all potential volunteers to go through an application process, to be at least 21 years of age, and able to commit to 18 months with the Program.
Looking for more info about what a CASA does? Check out our FAQs page.
1. Conduct a Self-Assessment: please take a moment to answer for yourself the questions on the assessment tool. This tool is meant to help you determine if the program will be a good fit for you.
2. Attend an Information Session: If you answer yes to the questions on the self-assessment, the next step is to attend an information session to hear a presentation from our staff (this is required before moving forward in the application process). Click the button below to register–space is limited.
Information sessions will be held virtually on Zoom from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. on the following dates:• January 13, 2022
• February 10, 2022
• March 9, 2022
• April 6, 2022
• May 11, 2022
• June 9, 2022
• July 5, 2022
• August 10, 2022
• September 8, 2022
• October 12, 2022
• November 8, 2022
• December 7, 2022
When in person: Boston Area:
The Boston CASA office, 85 Merrimac Street, Suite 401, Boston, MA 02114
3. Submit a Volunteer Application: After you attend the required information session, you may:
4. Join us for a Volunteer Interview: Once we receive your application & references, we will contact you to attend a 60 minute interview. The goal of the interview is for us (you & our staff) to determine if becoming a CASA is the best fit for you. It is also an opportunity for you to ask any additional questions. At this time, we will also be asking you to fill out a waiver form, giving us permission to conduct a criminal background check.
5. Training: If we both decide it’s a good fit, you will be invited to be part of one of our next training classes.
These are the Fall 2021 Boston CASA training dates and that in view of Covid 19 restrictions, we are in the process of deciding if it will be virtual.
|Our next virtual training class will be held on the following dates:|
|Saturday March 12, 2022 9:00 – 4:00 p.m.|
Tuesday, March 15, 2022 6-8:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 17, 2022 6-8:30 pm
Saturday, March 19, 2022 9:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, March 22, 2022 6-8:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 24, 2022 6-8:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 26, 2022 9:00 – 4:00 p.m.
For further information or if you have any other questions, please send an email to [email protected] or call (617) 780-4055.
|The cost of each 35-hour training class is $7500, or about $300 for each new CASA. |
We rely on donations to keep our programs going.