Be a Champion For Children, Stand with CASA
Thank you for your interest in becoming a CASA volunteer with Boston CASA. Volunteers are essential to our program and we welcome your gifts of time & talent! CASA Volunteers come from all walks of life. They have a variety of professional, educational and cultural backgrounds. They are selected on the quality of their objectivity, competence, and commitment.
We require all potential volunteers to go through an application process, to be at least 21 years of age, and able to commit to 18 months with the Program. Our application process is as follows:
- Conduct a Self-Assessment: please take a moment to answer for yourself the questions on the assessment tool. This tool is meant to help you determine if our program is the best fit for you.
- Attend an Information Session: If you answer yes to the questions on the self-assessment, the next step is to attend an information session to hear a presentation from our staff (this is required before moving forward in the application process). Information sessions will be held from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. on the following dates:
- Tuesday, June 4, 2019 – More than Words, 242 East Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02118
- Thursday, July 11, 2019
Please register HERE to attend one of these sessions – space is limited.
- Submit a Volunteer Application: After you attend the required information session, you may SUBMIT A VOLUNTEER APPLICATION.
- Join us for a Volunteer Interview: Once we receive your application & references, we will contact you to attend a 60 minute interview. The goal of the interview is for us (you & our staff) to determine if becoming a CASA is the best fit for you. It is also an opportunity for you to ask any additional questions. At this time, we will also be asking you to fill out a waiver form, giving us permission to conduct a criminal background check.
- Training: If we both decide it’s a good fit, you will be invited to be part of one of our next training classes.
SPRING 2019 TRAINING DATES (all dates and times are required):
Saturday May 4, 2019 9:00 am – 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday May 7, 2019 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Thursday, May 9, 2019 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Saturday May 11, 2019 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday May 14, 2019 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Thursday May 16, 2019 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Saturday May 18, 2019 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
***FALL 2019 Training Dates (late Oct./early Nov.) will be available soon.***
For further information or if you have any other questions, please send an email to [email protected] or call (617) 780-4055.
For Probation Officers: Secure CASA Referral Form
Looking for a way to help?
Be a champion for children, stand with CASA. We welcome your gifts of time & talent.