Be a Champion For Children, Stand with CASA
Thank you for your interest in becoming a CASA volunteer with Boston CASA. Volunteers are essential to our program and we welcome your gifts of time & talent! CASA Volunteers come from all walks of life. They have a variety of professional, educational and cultural backgrounds. They are selected on the quality of their objectivity, competence, and commitment.
We require all potential volunteers to go through an application process, to be at least 21 years of age, and able to commit to 18 months with the Program.
Looking for more info about what a CASA does? Check out our FAQs page.
1. Conduct a Self-Assessment: please take a moment to answer for yourself the questions on the assessment tool. This tool is meant to help you determine if the program will be a good fit for you.
2. Attend an Information Session: If you answer yes to the questions on the self-assessment, the next step is to attend an information session to hear a presentation from our staff (this is required before moving forward in the application process). Click the button below to register–space is limited.
Information sessions will be held at More Than Words from 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. on the following dates:
– Wednesday, August 7, 2019
3. Submit a Volunteer Application: After you attend the required information session, you may:
4. Join us for a Volunteer Interview: Once we receive your application & references, we will contact you to attend a 60 minute interview. The goal of the interview is for us (you & our staff) to determine if becoming a CASA is the best fit for you. It is also an opportunity for you to ask any additional questions. At this time, we will also be asking you to fill out a waiver form, giving us permission to conduct a criminal background check.
5. Training: If we both decide it’s a good fit, you will be invited to be part of one of our next training classes.
Our next training class will be held at the Margaret Fuller Neighborhood House on the following dates:
Saturday, September 14th – 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
For further information or if you have any other questions, please send an email to [email protected] or call (617) 780-4055.
For Probation Officers: Secure CASA Referral Form